The FBFCi site in Dessel, Belgium is the old Belgian fuel manufacturing and assembly plant for the nuclear sector. In 2011, Areva, the French parent company, decided to stop the activities due to changes in the market conditions.
Within the decommissioning project, Tecnubel is responsible for:
- Project management of the entire decommissioning project
- Drawing up the required documentation and qualification dossiers for the competent authorities (FANC, NIRAS, etc.)
- Decontamination and decommissioning work by trained operators
- Clearance measurements by trained operators (± 20,000 m2)
- Safety service with trained safety officers (ECS)
- Transport of radioactive effluents and solid nuclear waste (Transnubel)