The 'Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences' is a nuclear physics research institution near Belgrade, Serbia. The activities at this site were discontinued in 1980s, after which the site was evacuated and dismantled.
Tecnubel is responsible for the project management and the training of the employees on site. This includes among other things:
- Drawing up and implementing a waste management and decommissioning strategy
- Providing support in the drafting and submission of dossiers in order to obtain licences.
- Renovation of a storage shed for radioactive waste.
- Sorting radioactive waste based on the activity and material characteristics.
- Decontamination work
- Decommissioning works (radioactive sources, smoke detectors, infrastructure, etc.)